Heart brain interaction is extremely interesting stuff.
Love, compassion, and gratitude can have a profound positive effect, not only on our own bodies, but our relationships as well.
This quick little video, spells out the heart-brain connection rather nicely.
Studying the Heart Brain Connection
Rollin McCraty Ph.D has been studying the heart – brain interaction. The heart generates the largest electromagnetic field in the body. When we have positive emotions, like appreciating a beautiful scene, feeling love for someone, or even helping someone in need; – the heart sends out a positive message to the rest of the body.
How to Benefit
A few years ago, me chiropractor taught me this simple meditation technique, she called it heartmath. Here are the instructions she gave:
- Lie down and close your eyes
- Think of something you are genuinely grateful for. A person, a thing, a situation, or even your dog
- Hold this feeling of gratitude in your heart
- Allow the feeling of gratitude to radiate from your heart to the rest of your body
- I got up after a few minutes, feeling refreshed and revitalized!
Please give your comments and experiences below!